The semi-precious stones stitched onto these journals are unique by nature so they may differ. Each of the seven stones represent the chakras and have a meaning:
- The first stone symbolises knowledge, the crown (or top of the head) chakra.
- The second stone symbolises awareness and imagination, also known as the third eye chakra located between the brows on the forehead.
- The third stone symbolises communication and is the throat chakra.
- The fourth stone symbolises compassion, also known as the heart chakra.
- The fifth stone symbolises power and purpose, the solar plexus chakra.
- The sixth stone symbolises creativity and emotion, also known as the lower abdomen chakra
- The seventh stone symbolises survival and is the root chakra.
Expertly crafted using both contemporary and traditional methods, each one is bound by hand and ready to withstand any knocks and bumps on their journeys with you. The leather used for the cover is a by-product of the meat industry in India and is tanned using only natural dyes. Protected with natural oils, it will soften and age beautifully. The embossed detail is created using small handmade tools, making each journal unique. The pattern might not be exactly the same as the one pictured, but it will be just as beautiful.
The pages are created from khadda paper (also known as kaddi or khaddi). This sustainable material is crafted by hand from recycled cotton, salvaged from the huge waste of the Indian garment industry. Only unbleached cotton is used, ensuring the paper is acid-free. Lightly textured and luxuriously thick, it feels beautiful to write, draw, or paint on. While it’s perfect for ball-point pens, gel pens, or watercolours, we wouldn’t recommend it for use with fountain pens.
Due to the nature of the material and handmade quality of this product, each journal is unique and comes with its own set of beautiful creases, bumps and marks that develop with age into something truly special. If the distressed nature isn’t to your liking, we will do our best to pick out a more suitable version upon request.