In this notice, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ refers to The Paper High Gift Co Limited and ‘Site’ refers to paperhigh.com.
We are committed to protecting your personal data and privacy. For this reason we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
By visiting our Site you are accepting the practices described in this notice.
We may update this policy to reflect new laws or practices. You should check this page often to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 9 August 2022.
What personal data we collect
Personal data is information relating to an identifiable person.
The personal data we process includes your full name, delivery/billing address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information. You may give us your personal information by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, by email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site.
We collect information about your interaction with our Site and your communications with us. This can be information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Site. This information could include:
- Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on our page views, traffic to and from our Site, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history on our Site and your web log information.
How we use your data
We use the information you give to us:
- To fulfil a contract with you and to provide you with the information, products and services that you receive from us.
- To provide you with information about goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or that we feel may be of interest you. We may contact you either in writing or by electronic means, if you have consented to this.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your browsing device.
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We may share hashed email addresses (no personal identifying information is passed to a third party) to networks that also hold your information or have an existing online relationship with you in order to identify you and to enable us to provide you with relevant marketing online. For instance, we may share your information with social networking sites such as Facebook and Google so that they can identify you as a customer of ours and can tailor the marketing we send you via their sites and products.
We may also use the information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. This includes to:
- Improve our Site, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Personalise, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising customisation preferences.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns.
Our data retention policy is dictated by data protection laws and we will not keep your data for longer than is necessary.
Third party service providers
We will keep your data inside our organisation except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers to supply and support our business services, such as:
- IT systems and email provider.
- Couriers and warehousing.
- Customer service network.
- Marketing services such as email and direct mail.
- With our consent, advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- To contact you via email to invite you to review any services and/or products you received from us in order to collect your feedback and improve our services and products (the “Purpose”). We use an external company, Feefo Holdings Ltd. (“Feefo”), to collect your feedback which means that we will share your name, email address and order details with Feefo for the Purpose.
- Sometimes the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA “) including but not limited to transaction processing and fraud prevention. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, and the provision of support services.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights under the GDPR are as follows;
- Right to access your information: you are entitled to know what information we hold about you and the reasons why.
- Rectification of your data: if you think we are holding incorrect information on you, you may request that these details are updated.
- Erasing your data: you can request for your details to be deleted, in line with the data protection legislation.
- Restrict the processing of your data: you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Data portability: you have the right to request a copy of the data you have provided us, in a format that is reusable.
- Object to processing your data: you have the right to object to us processing your data for customer profiling or marketing.
- Automatic decision making and profiling: you have a right to object to us using your data in automated marketing and profiling.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not store any credit card or debit card information.
All financial transactions made via card use Stripe which means that you do not share your financial information with us. Find out more about how Stripe protects buyers.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about Site page traffic and improve our Site in order to tailor it to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
How to contact us
We hope that the information provided on this page answered any questions you may have had but if not, please do get in touch with us.
Amendments to your data
To ask for your information to be amended, please contact our Customer Services team by email.
Subject Access Requests
As outlined above, you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold on you. A small fee will be payable. To ask for your information, please contact us in writing or by email.
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. To do this please use the contact details given above. If we are unable to resolve the issue you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
Data Protection Representative, The Paper High Gifting Co Limited, Unit 1, Delanair Estate, Brooks Road Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2BY
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR The Paper High Gifting Co Limited is the data controller.