We want to share the love by launching our very first loyalty programme.
Instead of offering points or coupons like everyone else, we decided to do something that relates to our core company ethics. This means we give you the choice of either planting more trees, donating to one of our charity initiatives or getting money off your next order; all at no extra cost to you!
Don’t miss out on this unique programme. It really is worth signing up to our newsletter. Details below…
Our tiers are sensible and achievable, based on our current customers purchasing history.
Customers are automatically opted into our programme if they are subscribed to our mailing list and make a qualifying purchase. There is no time limit to reach these tiers (your status does not reset after a year). We feel this would be unfair and you deserve a lot more from us, as our loyal customer.
Age and Consent
You must be over the age of 18 and subscribed to our newsletter (we can’t email you if you haven’t consented to our marketing emails).
For us to track the amount of orders you make, every order must be made directly on paperhigh.com. Orders made on third-party websites do not count.
We are including all orders since August 2022, when our new site launched.
Your orders must be dispatched in order to qualify. Refunded and cancelled orders do not qualify. However, partially refunded orders do qualify.
You have to reach a repeat order number as well as a total revenue number, as set out in our tiers above. This means refunded and cancelled orders will not count.
Partially refunded orders still count towards both the number of orders and total revenue (minus the refund).
Only the amount you pay counts towards the total revenue, excluding shipping and discounts. For example:
|The total order amount is £30.|
|You apply a 10% discount code which takes £3 off your order.|
|You pay £27, excluding shipping costs.|
|£27 is attributed towards your total revenue, not £30.|
You do not have to have a customer account with us, however it does make it easier for you to track your purchases and eligibility!
Tier One: You get to choose between taking £10 off your next Paper High order, planting 10 trees, or donating £10 to Paper High’s charity initiatives.
Tier Two: You get to choose between taking £20 off your next Paper High order, planting 20 trees, or donating £20 to Paper High’s charity initiatives.
Tier Three: You get to choose between taking £30 off your next Paper High order, planting 30 trees, or donating £30 to Paper High’s charity initiatives.
Tier Four: You get to choose between taking £40 off your next Paper High order, planting 40 trees, or donating £40 to Paper High’s charity initiatives.
Tier Five: You are added to our VIP customer list where you will be offered product samples and insider knowledge such as what new products we will be launching, with exclusive pre-order options.
Customers are automatically opted into this loyalty programme when they sign up to our newsletter and make their first purchase on paperhigh.com.
Even though this programme launched in August 2023, we are including all orders made on our new site since it launched in August 2022 – a whole year’s worth!
Therefore, if you’ve already made four qualifying orders this year, all you need to do is make a fifth to get your reward.
A qualifying order is as follows:
- Made directly on paperhigh.com.
- Your order must be in dispatched/completed status.
- Refunded and cancelled orders do not qualify. However, partially refunded orders do qualify.
Yes! Due to GDPR and data protection, you have to be subscribed to our mailing list in order to benefit from this loyalty programme.
This is because we cannot email you without your consent, and simply telling us over the phone or in an email that we can email you is not enough to comply with GDPR. We need your explicit consent which means you must sign up to our newsletter.
But you email me my order receipts, can’t you email me about this?
Order confirmation, dispatch, refund and cancellation emails are different. They are called transactional emails and are legally required. A loyalty programme is not transactional nor legally required, therefore you still need to sign up to our newsletter.
If you were subscribed before but decided to unsubscribe, you can re-subscribe at any time. Unfortunately, you cannot choose to just be emailed about this programme.
Our loyalty programme takes into account orders since our new website was launched (August 2021), with no current end date. This means that if after a year you haven’t met our first tier, your status will continue until you do.
We think this is fair and does not pressure our customers to order within a certain timeframe.
If you take two years to hit the first tier, then that’s fine by us!
If you choose to take money off your next Paper High order, we will send you an electronic Paper High gift card via email.
You then need to enter the gift card number at checkout to redeem your reward.
The gift card is valid for 3 months from the date the reward is earned and cannot be exchanged for cash value.
If you choose to plant trees, we will make a donation in your name on the Treeapp website and will send you the receipt.
If you hit VIP status, it means that you’ve ordered over 21 times on our site and have spent over £750. You truly are a Paper High advocate!
As such, you are added to our VIP customer list where you will be offered product samples and insider knowledge such as what new products we will be launching, with exclusive pre-order options.
We support a range of charities both in the UK and internationally.
As you may already know, our fantastic gift wrap producer Get Paper Industries are involved in a whole host of charity work that supports their community, including establishing the Anita Milan International Academy, a school for disadvantaged children in Kathmandu. We’re proud to sponsor 17 girls, a number we’ve increased over the years thanks to our Fair Trade Fortnight events each year.
We also try to support our own local charities whenever possible, with donations made to the Brighton food bank and local primary schools over the years.
If you chose for your reward to be donated to one of our charity initiatives, we will select a charity on your behalf and will provide you with a receipt. Unfortunately, you will not have the opportunity to specify a charity.
Currently our programme does not have an expiry date, as we want to see how popular it is with our customers.
However, we reserve the right to terminate the programme at any time. If we do so, we will give you at least 24 hours notice via an email, so you can choose and benefit from your reward before expiry.
You are not required to have a customer account on our website to benefit from the programme, however it does make it easier for you to see how many orders you’ve made and how much you’ve spent in total, to see how close you are to reaching the next tier.
Remember, you do have to be subscribed to our newsletter in order to receive our loyalty reward emails.
No. Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash or monetary value.
Absolutely! If you’d prefer to opt out, please email us with your full name and the email address signed up to our mailing list.
We will make sure you are not included in our loyalty programme emails, but you’ll still get our newsletter and order emails.
When someone unsubscribes from our newsletters, this means they have unsubscribed from every marketing email Paper High sends, which includes our loyalty programme emails.
A loyalty programme is not classed as transactional nor legally required, therefore you need to be signed up to our newsletter in order to receive them.
This means that even if you qualify for a reward, we cannot email you if you are not subscribed.
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time, but please be aware of the above. Unfortunately, you cannot choose to just be emailed about this programme.
Terms for this loyalty programme from Paper High
Programme valid from Friday 1 September 2023
Key Conditions to Redeem the Rewards
This is the terms and conditions for the Paper High loyalty reward programme. For the site terms and conditions, please click here.
- Each customer will receive a reward for each tier they reach if they meet the following eligibility:
- Aged 18 or over
- Subscribed to marketing emails from Paper High
- Ordered directly on paperhigh.com
- Reached the stated total revenue (excluding discounts, shipping, refunded and cancelled orders)
- Reached the stated total order number (excluding fully refunded and cancelled orders). Partially refunded orders still count.
- Provided the last qualifying purchase is not cancelled (e.g. the fifth order with a total revenue over £150), the option to choose the reward earned will be emailed to the customer 3 days after the order is dispatched by Paper High.
- Rewards will be valid for 3 months from the date earned.
- The tiers must be reached at a natural, organic rate. Multiple orders made within any 24 hour period will not count. If Paper High suspect this programme is being abused, they reserve the right to remove the customer from the programme and/or revoke the programme altogether.
- If the customer chose to take money off their next order, this will be sent as an electronic gift card via email to use on Paper High only. The customer must enter the gift card number at checkout to receive the reward. Rewards are only valid on full price items with the checkout total exceeding the reward amount. Any rewards will be revoked if a refund is requested on the order for which the reward was offered.
- Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash value.
- Once a gift card has been allocated to the customer, Paper High will continue to load the reward onto it for each successful tier reached, if that option was chosen again.
- Paper High reserves the right to refuse the issue of any reward to any customer at any time in its sole discretion.
- Paper High reserves the right to vary any and all elements of this offer at any time without notice.
- Redemption of the reward will be subject to Paper High’ standard terms and conditions, available here.